The cricket season may be in full swing but time to draw your minds towards rugby with a reminder that I want to get a start on some training and skills work ahead of the coming season, so some pre preseason training will be on this coming Wednesday January 11, 6pm for a 6:15pm start at Kensington Oval.
The sessions won’t kill you, they will be designed to get some skills activated again, get you running a little bit and getting some work done before we begin full club pre season on Feb 9.
I have included some important dates (below) and hope you will start thinking about setting up for a successful season for the year ahead. All are welcome at theses sessions, so if you are keen let’s get started, and if you can indicate if you will be coming (or not) that will help me plan a little better.
See you there – and please send to others.
1st Grade Coach
– Pre Pre Season (PPS) begins January 11 (6pm arrive for a 6:15pm start on Wednesdays – Kensington Oval
– * Followed by training on January 18, 25 BBQ and / or dinner & drinks, before Australia Day and then Feb 1 and 8
– * Beach touch at Coogee Beach from Feb 14 – 9am Saturdays in the sand (earlier if possible)
– * PPS will be about Skills and base level fitness work, start of patterns
– Pre season for all of the Club begins Thursday Feb 9 at DP
– Full Club preseason training continues on from there Tuesday and Thursday nights
– NB Club squad – after pre season and trials will only be required to train Thursday nights (but players have the option, if interested in training Tuesdays). Top Squad and Colts will be both nights.
– On Saturday Feb 11 there will be a full day for higher grade players and Colts who may be playing or wanting to play in grade at Sam Cracknell Pavillion at UNSW (booked already) for planning, culture, leadership, expectations, goal setting – as classroom lessons, mixed with practical skills, patterns and some field work – followed by bbq and drinks etc
– Goulburn March 11, away – two teams only
– Local trial March 18, 25 and April 1 and 8
– NB March 18 is a potential camp weekend of training Top Squad and Colts
– April 13 start of Easter (Thursday – off)