The UNSW Rugby Union Club is a club steeped in tradition and a senior member of the NSW Suburban Rugby Union Competition.
UNSW Rugby has seen over 3000 players and officials join the fold, many as students completing their studies and then moving on into their professional lives, and continuing to contribute to the UNSW Rugby community.
Throughout our history, we have won 31 premierships throughout all of our grades and collected 3 coveted club championships. The club boasts many former representatives, the most notable being Simon Poidevin, who represented Australia whilst playing for UNSW Rugby Club.
The club plays in NSW Suburban Rugby’s 2nd Division competition, which has 4 senior grades and an U21 Colts grade. We play against many clubs, such as Barker Old Boys, Brothers, Forest, King’s Old Boys, Lindfield, Newport, Oatley, Petersham, and St Ives.
As a long standing and senior member of the NSW Suburban Rugby Competition, we have succeeded through building our club around a number of core values including:
- Respect and trust in our club, team and rugby community;
- Consistent communication that is always honest and transparent;
- To strive for continuous personal improvement, development and learning for players, coaches and committee;
- Creating a safe and friendly club environment for our players, supporters and family;
- Focus on teamwork as a pillar of our working community;
- Creating an environment in which our club members are encouraged to achieve their potential.